Society for Human
The UA Society for Human Resource Management is one of the most active Eller College clubs. It's a great way to learn about management and human resources, and network with students, faculty. and professionals.
The Department of Management and Organizations business management major leads to the BS in Business Administration.
The major is designed for students desiring managerial positions in large or small organizations.
A flexible curriculum allows Business Management students to tailor their degrees to their interests and goals. Students are encouraged to choose general education requirements and electives in communication, sociology, and psychology to better prepare them for the major.
The Business Management major includes two phases:
1. Pre-Professional Phase (pre-business major)
- Freshman and sophomore years
- Lower-division coursework
- Business foundation and general education courses
- Obtain academic advising through the Undergraduate Programs Office
Students must then apply and be accepted into the "Professional" phase of the program. The application process includes an application, an assessment exam, and an interview.
2. Professional Business Student Phase (business management major)
- Junior and senior years
- Upper-division coursework
- Professional core and business management major courses
- Obtain advising from the Undergraduate Programs office*
* On acceptance, students are encouraged to meet with Kendra to design a course of study and begin planning for internships and career/graduate school exploration.