Areas of Expertise
- Managerial fairness and organizational justice
- Leadership development and ethics
- Human resource staffing and decision making
- Social and healthcare entrepreneurship
Publications and Working Papers
Gilliland, S. W. (in press). Organizational Justice. In D. S. Ones, N. Anderson, H. K. Sinangil, & C. Viswesvaran (Eds.), The SAGE Handbook of Industrial, Work & Organizational Psychology, 2nd ed, Vol. 2.
Gilliland, S. W., Steiner, D. D., & Skarlicki, D. P. (2015). The Social Dynamics of Organizational Justice: Volume 8 in Research in Social Issues in Management. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Gilliland S. W. & Anderson, J.(2015). Justice, relative deprivation, and blame: Disentangling constructs to understand cognitive and emotional reactions to greed. In S. W. Gilliland, D. D. Steiner, & D. P. Skarlicki (Eds.), The Social Dynamics of Organizational Justice. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Bowen, D.E. Gilliland, S.W. & Folger, R. (2015). The psychology of fairness at work. In K. Elsbach, C. Kayes, & A. Kayes (Eds.), Contemporary Organizational Behavior: From Ideas to Action. Pearson-Prentice Hall.
Gilliland, S. W., Gross, M. A., & Hogler, R. L. (2014). Is organizational justice the new industrial relations? A debate on individual versus collective underpinnings of justice. Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, 7, 155-172.
Gilliland S. W. & Anderson, J. (2013). On the psychology of greed. In J. K. Ford, J. R. Hollenbeck, & A. M. Ryan (Eds.), The nature of work: Advances in psychological theory, methods, and practices. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Gilliland, S. W. & Steiner, D. D. (2012). Applicant reactions to testing and selection. In N. Schmitt (Ed.) The Oxford Handbook of Personnel Assessment and Selection (pp. 629-666). Oxford University Press.
Li, A., Evans, J. M., Christian, M. S., Gilliland, S. W., Kausel, E. E., & Stein, J. H. (2011). The effects of managerial regulatory fit priming on reactions to explanations. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 115, 268-282.
Gilliland, S. W. & Anderson, J. S. (2011). Perceptions of greed: A distributive injustice model. In S. W. Gilliland, D. D. Steiner, & D. P. Skarlicki (Eds.) Emerging Perspectives on Organizational Justice and Ethics. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Gilliland, S. W., Steiner, D. D., & Skarlicki, D. P. (2011). Emerging Perspectives on Organizational Justice and Ethics: Volume 7 in Research in Social Issues in Management. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Academy of Management
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Fellow
- JAP, Editorial Board
- AMR, AMJ, OBHDP, PPsysch, International Journal of Selection and Assessment, Ad-hoc Reviewer
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the outstanding module of the Executive MBA program (2010).
- Recipient of the Academy of Management Perspectives Best Publication Award (2008)
- Recipient of the Jim and Rosemary Haleem Distinguished Teaching Award from the Department of Management and Organizations (2007).
- Recipient of CM Division Best Paper Award - Conflict in Context for 2007 Academy of Management Conference.
- Awarded Fellowship in the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology 2006
- Faculty Initiate to Beta Gamma Sigma, 2001
- Recipient of the Ernest J. McCormick Award for Distinguished Early Career Contributions from the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 1997
- University of Arizona Department of Management and Organizations Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Award, 1996 & 1998