Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations
Ph.D., Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Strategy
- Behavioral Theory of the Firm
- Adaptive Aspirations (Goals) and Attention Allocation
- Firm Risk-Taking Behavior
- Organizational Learning
*Schilke, O., Hu, S., & Helfat, C. E. Quo Vadis, Dynamic Capabilities? A Content-Analytic Review of the Current State of Knowledge and Recommendations for Future Research. Forthcoming. Academy of Management Annals. * The first two authors contribute equally to the paper.
- Bettis, RA., & Hu, S. Bounded Rationality, Heuristics, Computational Complexity and Artificial Intelligence. Forthcoming. Advances in Strategic Management. Special issue on behavioral strategy.
- Hu, S., He, Z., Blettner, D., & Bettis, R. 2017. Conflict inside and outside: Social comparisons and attention shifts in multidivisional firms. Strategic Management Journal, 38(7): 1435-1454.”
- Blettner, D., He, Z., Hu, S., & Bettis, R. 2015. Adaptive Aspirations and Performance Heterogeneity: Attention Allocation among Multiple Reference Points. Strategic Management Journal, 36(7): 987-1005.
- Hu, S., Blettner, D., & Bettis, RA. 2011. Adaptive Aspirations: Risk Taking at Extremes and Alternative Reference Groups. Strategic Management Journal, 32: 1426-1436.
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Management and Organizations Department, University of Arizona (2015)
- Peggy Lee - Sunil Wahal PhD Award, Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC (2011)
- Future Faculty Fellowship, Graduate School, UNC (2010)
- SMS Doctoral Consortium Fellowship, Strategic Management Society (2009)
- Ph.D. Fellowship, University of North Carolina (2007-2012)
Editorial Boards and Service
- Editorial Board Member for Strategic Management Journal (2013-present)
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Strategic Management Journal (2009-2013)
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Organization Science (2009-present)
- Conference Reviewer for AOM and SMS (2009-present)