Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations
Ph.D., Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Strategy
- Behavioral Theory of the Firm
- Adaptive Aspirations (Goals) and Attention Allocation
- Firm Risk-Taking Behavior
- Organizational Learning
- Hu, S., He, Z., Blettner, D., & Bettis, R. Forthcoming. Conflict inside and outside: Social comparisons and attention shifts in multidivisional firms. Strategic Management Journal.
- Blettner, D., He, Z., Hu, S., & Bettis, R. 2015. Adaptive Aspirations and Performance Heterogeneity: Attention Allocation among Multiple Reference Points. Strategic Management Journal, 36(7): 987-1005.
- Hu, S., & Bettis, RA. 2013. Adaptive Aspirations. Invited book chapter in Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, Augier M., Teece, DJ. (eds).
- Hu, S., Blettner, D., & Bettis, RA. 2011. Adaptive Aspirations: Risk Taking at Extremes and Alternative Reference Groups. Strategic Management Journal, 32: 1426-1436.
- Blettner, D., He, Z., Hu, S., & Bettis, RA. 2011. Heterogeneity in Adaptive Aspirations and Reference Groups. 2011 Academy of Management BPS Division Best Paper Proceedings
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Management and Organizations Department, University of Arizona (2015)
- Peggy Lee - Sunil Wahal PhD Award, Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC (2011)
- Future Faculty Fellowship, Graduate School, UNC (2010)
- SMS Doctoral Consortium Fellowship, Strategic Management Society (2009)
- Ph.D. Fellowship, University of North Carolina (2007-2012)
Editorial Boards and Service
- Editorial Board Member for Strategic Management Journal (2013-present)
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Strategic Management Journal (2009-2013)
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Organization Science (2009-present)
- Conference Reviewer for AOM and SMS (2009-present)