Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Ethics
- International Business
Dr. Paul Melendez has been with the Eller College of Management since 1996. He earned his doctorate from The University of Arizona with a specialization in “privatization.” He serves as a Professor of Practice in the Department of Management and Organizations and Founder of the Center for Leadership Ethics.
As a Professor, he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in business ethics, international management, organizational behavior, and innovation. He writes a variety of cases on personal and professional ethics, leads academic programs to emerging economies, and consults for clients around the world on ethical-decision making, transformational leadership, and innovation. He is ranked one of the top professors and consultants in the college, consistently creating value through his inventive, authentic, and engaging teaching style.
As Founder of the Center for Leadership Ethics, he leads efforts to improve organizational ethics through cutting-edge research, education, and outreach programs. The Center for Leadership Ethics is the first of its kind at The University of Arizona and internationally renowned.
Dr. Melendez was previously on the faculty of the School of Public Administration and Policy where he taught courses in public policy, public management, and the analysis of data for decision-making. He also served as Assistant Dean for Eller Executive Education where he successfully helped launch a non-profit, demand-driven, consulting wing for the college.
Dr. Melendez is a native Tucsonan and a proud “Wildcat.” He has a beautiful wife, son, and daughter. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling with his family, reading, and supporting various non-profit organizations as a volunteer and board member.
- Affiliated Faculty, Center for Latin American Studies
- Faculty Advisor, Delta Sigma Pi
- Faculty Advisor, Net Impact
- Eller College of Management, Neville Cramer Faculty Award, 2015
- Department of Management and Organizations, Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2012
- Dean's Undergraduate Course Innovation Grant, 2010
- Undergraduate Faculty Member of the Year, 2009
- Team Award for Excellence, The University of Arizona, 2005
- Eller College Student Council Teacher Appreciation Commendation, 2002-2012