Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Ethics
- International Business
- Public Management
Dr. Paul Melendez has been with the Eller College of Management since 1996. He earned his doctorate from The University of Arizona with a specialization in “privatization.” As a faculty member he serves as a Professor of Practice, Assistant Dean for Executive Education, and Founder of the Center for Leadership Ethics in the Department of Management and Organizations.
As a faculty, he teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in business ethics and international management, writes a variety of cases on personal and professional ethics, consults, and leads academic programs to emerging economies. As the Assistant Dean for Executive Education, he develops various customized executive education programs for the business, government, and non-profit sectors. As Founder of the Center for Leadership Ethics he strives to improve organizational ethics through research, education, and outreach programs.
- Affiliated Faculty, Center for Latin American Studies
- University of Arizona Ombudsman
- Faculty Advisor, Eller Board of Honor and Integrity
- Faculty Advisor, Net Impact
- Department of Management and Organizations, Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2012
- Dean's Undergraduate Course Innovation Grant, 2010
- Undergraduate Faculty Member of the Year, 2009
- Team Award for Excellence, The University of Arizona, 2005
- Eller College Student Council Teacher Appreciation Commendation, 2002-2012