Areas of Expertise
- Social Network and Social Capital
- Top Management Teams
- Strategic Leadership
- Interfirm Alliances
Publications and working papers:
Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., Xia, J., & Xiao, T. Do Ongoing Networks Block out New Friends? Reconciling the Dilemma between Resource Dependence and Network Embeddedness. Strategic Management Journal, forthcoming.
Jiang, H., Xia, J., Cannella, A.A, & Semadeni, M. Choose to Fight or Choose to Flee: A Social Embeddedness Perspective of Executive Ship Jumping in Declining Firms. Strategic Management Journal, forthcoming.
Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., & Jiao, J. Does Desperation Breed Deception? A Behavioral Model of New Venture Opportunism. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, conditionally accepted.
Xia, J., Dawley, D., Jiang, H., Ma, R., & Boal, K. 2016. Resolving a Dilemma of Signaling Bankrupt-Firm Emergence: A Dynamic Integrative View. Strategic Management Journal, 37(8): 1754-1764.
Carpenter, M.A., Li, M., & Jiang, H. 2012. Social Network Research in Organizational Contexts: A Systematic Review of Methodological Issues and Choices. Journal of Management, 38(4): 1328-1361 (all authors contributed equally). (Winner of Emerald Citations of Excellence Award 2015)
Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., Gao, L., & Jiao, J. 2013. Inward-Outward Guanxi Contagion and Employees’ Responses to Managerial Guanxi Practices. Journal of Management and Organization, 19(5): 613-634.
Jiang, H., T. Relational Governance: A Comprehensive Review and Research Agenda. Invited for Revision and Resubmission, Strategic Management Journal
Xia, J., Gu, Q., Jiang, H., Jiang, M., & Lin, Z. Stakeholder Pressures and Host-country R&D Investments: Evidence from an Emerging Market. Invited for 1st revision and resubmission, Journal of International Business Studies
Zhang, J., Jiang, H., Wu, R., & Li, J. Doing It Along or Going Hand-In-Hand? Resolving the Dilemma between Internal and External R&D. Invited for 1st revision and resubmission, Journal of Management
Jiang, H., Mesquita, L, & Xia, J. Dormancy of Social Embeddedness: When Do Top Managers Activate Managerial Personal Ties to Manage Multiplex Alliances. Under review at Organization Science
- Academy of Management
- International Association for Chinese Management Research
Ad hoc reviewer:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Strategic Management Journal
- Journal of Management
- Journal of Management and Organization
- Academy of Management
Awards and honors:
- AOM outstanding reviewer, BPS division, 2013
- AOM outstanding reviewer, OMT division, 2012
- Fellowship, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, 2012-present
- Fellowship, A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, 2009-2012
- Kobayashi Scholarship for Excellent Chinese Economy Research, Tsinghua University, 2009
- Kobayashi Scholarship for Excellent Chinese Economy Research, Tsinghua University, 2008
- Best Graduate Dissertation Award, Tsinghua University, 2009