Areas of Expertise
- Emotions at Work
- Emotional Labor
- Employee Recovery
- Interpersonal Stressors and Relationships at Work
- Employee Well-Being
Gabriel, A.S., Campbell, J.T., Djurdjevic, E., Johnson, R.E., & Rosen, C.R. (In press). Fuzzy profiles: Comparing and contrasting latent profile analysis and fuzzy set analysis for person-centered research. Organizational Research Methods (Special Issue on Person-Centered Methodologies in the Organizational Sciences).
Gabriel, A.S., Butts, M.M., Yuan, Z., Rosen, R.L., & Sliter, M.T. (2018). Further understanding incivility in the workplace: The effects of gender, agency, and communion. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103, 362-382.
Gabriel, A.S., Koopman, J., Rosen, C.R., & Johnson, R.E. (2018). Helping others or helping oneself? An episodic examination of the behavioral consequences of helping at work. Personnel Psychology, 71, 85-107.
McClelland, L.E., Gabriel, A.S., & DePuccio, M.P. (2018). Compassion practices, nurse well-being, and ambulatory patient experience ratings. Medical Care, 56, 4-10
Gabriel, A.S., Diefendorff, J.M., Bennett, A.A., & Sloan, M.D. (2017). It's about time: The promise of continuous rating assessments for the organizational sciences. Organizational Research Methods, 20, 32-60.
Bennett, A.A.*, Gabriel, A.S.*, Calderwood, C., Dahling, J.J., & Trougakos, J.P. (2016). Better together? Examining profiles of employee recovery experiences. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101, 1635-1654. (*Equal contribution)
Calderwood, C.*, Gabriel, A.S.*, Rosen, C.C., Simon, L.S., & Koopman, J. (2016). 100 years running: The need to understand why employee physical activity benefits organizations. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 37, 1104-1109. (*Equal contribution)
da Motta Veiga, S.P.*, & Gabriel, A.S.* (2016). The role of self-determined motivation in job search: A dynamic approach. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101, 350-361. (*Equal contribution)
Gabriel, A.S., Cheshin, A., Moran, C.M., & Van Kleef, G.A. (2016). Enhancing emotional performance and customer service through human resources practices: A systems perspective. Human Resource Management Review (Special Issue on Organizational Drivers of Customer Service Outcomes), 26, 14-24.
Rosen, C.C., Koopman, J., Gabriel, A.S., & Johnson, R.E. (2016). Who strikes back? A daily investigation of when and why incivility begets incivility. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101, 1620-1634.
Gabriel, A.S., Acosta, J.D., & Grandey, A.A. (2015). The value of a smile: Does emotional performance matter more in familiar or unfamiliar exchanges? Journal of Business and Psychology, 30 , 37-50.
Gabriel, A.S., Daniels, M.A., Diefendorff, J.M., & Greguras, G.J. (2015). Emotional labor actors: A latent profile analysis of emotional labor strategies. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100, 863-879.
Gabriel, A.S., & Diefendorff, J.M. (2015). Emotional labor dynamics: A momentary approach. Academy of Management Journal, 58, 1804-1825.
Grandey, A.A. & Gabriel, A.S. (2015). Emotional labor at a crossroads: Where do we go from here? Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 2, 323-349.
Gabriel, A.S., Diefendorff, J.M., Chandler, M.M., Moran, C.M., & Greguras, G.J. (2014). The dynamic relationships of work affect and job satisfaction with perceptions of fit. Personnel Psychology, 67 , 389-420.
Gabriel, A.S., Diefendorff, J.M., & Erickson, R.J. (2011). The relations of daily task accomplishment satisfaction with changes in affect: A multilevel study in nurses. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96 , 1095-1104.
• Academy of Management (AOM)
• American Psychological Association (APA)
• Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
Editorial Work and Service to the Field
• Academy of Management Human Resources Division - Representative at Large (2017 - Present)
• Journal of Applied Psychology - Editorial Board (2014 - Present)
• Journal of Business and Psychology – Editorial Board (2014 – Present)
• Journal of Management – Editorial Board (2017 – Present)
• Journal of Organizational Behavior – Editorial Board (2018 – Present)
• Personnel Psychology – Editorial Board (2017 – Present)
• Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology - Editorial Board (2013 - 2018)
• The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist – Editorial Board (2015 – 2018)
Awards and Honors
• Western Academy of Management Ascendant Scholar Award, 2018
• Eller College Student's Choice Award for Outstanding Faculty, 2017
• Distinguished Honorary Member - National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2017
• Eller College of Management Dean's Research Award for Assistant Professors, 2017
• AOM Organizational Behavior Division Outstanding Reviewer, 2017
• AOM Human Resources Division Showcase Symposium (Trougakos, Gabriel, Bennett, Dahling, & Calderwood), 2016
• Journal of Business and Psychology Editor Commendation Award (Gabriel, Acosta, & Grandey), 2015
• AOM Organizational Behavior Division Outstanding Reviewer, 2015
• SIOP Top Rated Poster Award (da Motta Veiga & Gabriel), 2015
• SIOP Top Rated Poster Award (Gabriel), 2015
• AOM Organizational Behavior Division Outstanding Reviewer, 2014
• SIOP Scholar, 2014
• SIOP S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award, 2014