- Ph.D., Experimental and Social Psychology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2004)
M.A., Economics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2004)
M.A., Cognitive Psychology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1999)
B.A., Psychology and Statistics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1995)
- MGMT 582C, Univariate Analysis in Management
- MGMT 582D, Multivariate Analysis in Management
- Strategic and interactive thinking
- Statistics and research methods
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Interactive decision making
- Emotions and Decision Making
- Inter-group conflict
- Group decision making
Publications and Working Papers
Kugler, T. and Bornstein, G. (2013). Social Dilemmas between Individuals and Groups. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 120, 191-205.
Kugler, T., Kausel, E. E. and Kocher M. G. (2012). Interactive decision making in groups. Are groups more rational than individuals? Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Cognitive Science, 3, 471-482.
Kugler, T., Connolly, T. and Ordóñez, L. D. (2012). Emotion, decision and risk: betting on gambles vs. betting on people, Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 25, 123-134.
Kugler T., Rapoport A., and Pazy A. (2010) Public good provision in inter-group conflicts: Effects of asymmetry and profit-sharing rule. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 23, 421-438.
Crawford, V., Kugler, T., Neeman, Z. and Pauzner, A. (2009). Behaviorally optimal auctions. Journal of the European Economic Association, 7, 377-387.
Kugler, T. and Szidarovszky, F. (2009). An inter-group conflict and its relation to oligopoly theory, CUBO, Mathematical Journal, 11, 127-138.
Kugler, T., Connolly, T., and Kausel, E. E. (2009). The effects of consequential thinking on trust game behavior. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 22, 101-119.
Rapoport, A., Kugler, T., Dugar, S. And Gisches, E. J. (2009). Choice of routes in traffic networks: Experimental tests of the Braess paradox. Games and Economic Behavior, 65, 538-571.
Kugler, T., Smith J. C., Connolly, T. and Son Y. J. (Eds.) (2008). Decision modeling and behavior in uncertain and complex environments. Springer.
Rapoport, A., Kugler, T., Dugar, S. And Gisches, E. J. (2008). Braess paradox in the laboratory: An experimental study of route choice in traffic networks with asymmetric costs. In Kugler, T., Smith J. C., Connolly, T. and Son Y. J. (Eds.) Decision modeling and behavior in uncertain and complex environments. Springer, 309-337.
Bornstein, G., Kugler, T., Budescu, D. V., and Selten R. (2008). Repeated price competition between teams. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 66, 808-821.
Kugler, T., Kocher, M., Sutter, M. and Bornstein G. (2007). Trust between individuals and groups: Groups are less trusting than individuals but just as trustworthy, Journal of Economic Psychology, 28, 646-657.
Kugler, T., Neeman, Z. and Vulkan, N. (2006) Markets vs. negotiations: An experimental investigation. Games and Economics Behavior, 56, 121-134.
Frost, R., Kugler T., Duestch A. and Forster, K. I. (2005). Orthographic structure versus morphological structure: Principles of lexical organization in a given language. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, 31, 1293-1326.
Bornstein, G., Kugler, T. and Zamir, S. (2005). One group must win; the other need only not lose: An experimental study of an asymmetric participation game. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 18, 1-13.
Bornstein, G., Kugler, T. and Ziegelmeyer, A. (2004) Individual and group decisions in the centipede game: Are groups more rational players? Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 40, 599-605.Baker, T. Harel, A. and Kugler T. (2004). The virtues of uncertainty in law: An experimental approach, Iowa Law Review, 89, 443.
Selected Working Papers
Kugler, T., Neeman, Z. and Vulkan, N. Personality traits and strategic behavior: anxiousness, aggressiveness and entry games. Under review in Journal of Economic Psychology.
Kugler, T., Becker, W. J., and Mai, K. Beyond the discontinuity effect: Fear, greed and competition between groups. Manuscript in final stages of writing. Target journal: Journal of Behavioral Decision Making.
Kugler, T., Kocher, M.G., Birk, S. and Sutter M. Groups in social dilemmas: how groups can alleviate the free-riding problem. Manuscript in final stages of writing. Target journal: Management Science.
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- Academy of Management
- Editorial boards: Journal of Trust; Journal of Behavioral Decision Making.
- Ad hoc referee: Journal of Economic Psychology; Games and Economic Behavior; Journal of Mathematical Psychology; International Journal of Game Theory; Experimental Economics; Journal of Management; Journal of Behavioral Decision Making; Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization; Journal of Judgment and Decision Making; Journal of Public Economic Theory; Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes; American Economic Review; Psychologica Belgica; Scandinavian Journal of Economics; American Political Science Review; Israeli Science Foundation (ISF); Binational Science Foundation (BSF); National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Program Committee, XII International Conference on Social Dilemmas, 2007.
- Program and Organizing Committee, Tucson workshop on Computational and Behavioral Decision Making (2008).
- Program committee, XIV International Conference on Social Dilemmas, 2011.
Awards and Honors
- Eller Dean’s Award for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence, 2012.
- National Science Foundation – PI (joint with Lisa Ordonez and Terry Connolly) – Emotions and Decision Making (2008-2011) ($322,000)
- National Science Foundation – PI - Team Decision Making with Social Preferences, Theory and Experiments (2008-2011) ($138,000).
- Eller College on Management Undergraduate Teaching Innovation Grant (2007) ($1,000).
- The Jim and Rosemary Haleem Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award (2006) ($1,000).
- United States – Israel Binational Science Foundation (BSF), Joint with Gary Bornstein and Amnon Rapoport (2004-2008) (~$90,000).
- Recipient of the Golda Meir Fellowship (2002).
- Israel Foundation Trustees (IFT), Doctoral Research Grant, (2001-2002) (NIS 12,000).
- Extended Ph.D. Scholarship for Excellence, Hebrew University (2001-2004).