- Ph.D., Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Organizational Goals and Decision Making
- Organizational Learning and Adaptation
- Technology Innovation
Hu, S., Blettner, D., & Bettis, RA. 2011. Adaptive Aspirations: Risk Taking at Extremes and Alternative Reference Groups. Strategic Management Journal, 32(13): 1426-1436.
Blettner, D., He, Z., Hu, S., & Bettis, RA. 2011. Heterogeneity in Adaptive Aspirations and Reference Groups. Academy of Management BPS Division Best Paper Proceedings.
Hu, S., & Bettis, RA. Forthcoming. Adaptive Aspirations. Invited book chapter in Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, Lovallo, D (eds).
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
Awards and Honors
- Peggy Lee - Sunil Wahal PhD Award, Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC (2011)
- Future Faculty Fellowship, Graduate School, UNC (2010)
- SMS Doctoral Consortium Fellowship, Strategic Management Society (2009)
- Ph.D. Fellowship, University of North Carolina (2007-2012)
Editorial Boards and Service
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Strategic Management Journal and Organization Science
- Conference Reviewer for AOM and SMS