- Ph.D. in Strategic Management, University of Texas, 2006
- Master of Organizational Behavior, Brigham Young University 2001
- B.S. in Business Management, Utah State University 1999
- MGMT 471, Management Policies
- MGMT 696, Strategic Management
- Corporate governance
- Top executives and board of directors
- Technology and innovation
Boivie, S., Graffin, S.D., & Pollock, T.G. In Press. Time For Me To Fly: Predicting Director Exit at Large Firms. Academy of Management Journal.
Boivie, S., Bednar, M., & Barker, S. Forthcoming. Social Comparison and Reciprocity in Director Compensation. Journal of Management.
Bednar, M., Boivie, S., & Prince, N. Forthcoming. Burr Under the Saddle: How Media Coverage Influences Strategic Change. Organization Science.
Graffin, S.D., Boivie, S., & Carpenter, M.A. In Press. Examining CEO Succession and the Role of Heuristics in Early-stage CEO Evaluation. Strategic Management Journal.
Graffin, S.D., Carpenter M.A. & Boivie, S. 2011. What’s All that (Strategic) Noise? Anticipatory Impression Management in CEO Succession. Strategic Management Journal. 32: 748-770.
Boivie, S., Lange, D., McDonald, M., & Westphal, J.D. 2011. Me or We: The Effects of CEO Organizational Identification on Agency Costs. Academy of Management Journal. 54: 551-576.
Lange, D., Boivie, S. & Henderson, A.D. 2009. The Parenting Paradox: How Multibusiness Diversifiers Endorse Disruptive Technologies While their Corporate Children Struggle. Academy of Management Journal. 52: 179-198.
Westphal, J.D., Boivie, S. & Chng. D.H.M. 2006. The Strategic Impetus for Social Network Ties: Reconstituting Broken CEO Friendship Ties. Strategic Management Journal. 27: 425-445.
Sanders, W.G. & Boivie, S. 2004. Sorting Things Out: Valuation of New Firms in Uncertain Markets. Strategic Management Journal. 25: 167-186.
Papers Under Review
Lange, D., Boivie, S., & Westphal, J.D. Predicting CEO Organizational Identification (under review at Journal of Management)
- Academy of Management Journal, Board Member
- Academy of Management Review, Reviewer
- Strategic Management Journal, Reviewer
Awards and Honors
- Department of Management and Organizations Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award 2008