Lehman Benson III
McCoy/Rogers Faculty Fellow
- Ph.D., University of Lund Sweden
- MA, University of California, San Diego
- BA, University of California, Davis
- Organizational Behavior
- The Ethical, Political, Legal Environment of Business
- Organizational Theory
- Judgment and Decision-Making
- Organizational Justice
- The Effects of Time Constraints and Stress on Judgment and Decision-Making
Publications and Working Papers
Cropanzano, R., Li. A., Benson, L. (2011). Peer justice and teamwork process. Group and Organization Management, 36 (5), 567-596.
Goldman, B., Cropanzano, R., Stein, J., & Benson III, L., (2008). The role of third-parties/mediation in resolving conflict in organizations. In Gelfand, m.j. & De Dreu, C.K.w. (Eds), The psychology of conflict and conflict management in organizations [SIOP Frontiers Series] (pp.291-320). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Janakiraman, N., & Benson III, L. (2008). Effects of service time on perceived wait in queue: Role of fairness and expectations. In Advances in Consumer Research Volume 35, eds. Angela Y. Lee and Dilip Soman, Duluth, MN: Association for consumer Research.
Cropanzano, R., Goldman, B., & Benson III, L. (2004). Organizational justice and well-being at work. In J. Barling, K. Kelloway and M. Frone (Eds.) Handbook of work stress. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
Griffith, T., Tansik, D., & Benson III, L. (2002). Negotiation Technology Implementation: An Empirical Investigation of a Website Introduction, Group Decision and Negotiation, 11(1), 1-22.
Ordóñez, L. D., Benson III, L., & Beach, L. R. (1999). Testing the compatibility test: How instructions, accountability and anticipated regret affect pre-choice screening of options, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 78 (1), 63-80.
Selected Working Papers
Benson III, L., Mertens D.P., Beach L. R., & Payne J. W. The violation threshold in Image theory’s compatibility test. ( 2nd revise and resubmit Journal of Behavioral Decision-Making).
Gutek, B., O’Connor, M., Done, R., Benson, L., Stockdate, P., Geer, T., Melançon. An exploration of the effects of stimulus materials on judgments of sexual harassment (submitted to Journal of Applied Psychology).
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Editorial Board of the Journal of Behavioral Decision-Making
- Panelist for National Science Foundation
- Journal of Behavioral Decision-Making, Editorial Board
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Personnel Psychology, National Science Foundation, Ad-hoc Reviewer
- Organizational Behavior, Reviewer
- Scientific Affairs, Committee (Organizational Behavior Division) for the Academy of Management 2006-07, Member Gender and Diversity (2006) Academy of Management, Reviewer
Awards and Honors
- Eller Executive MBA Outstanding Module Award
- Eller College of Management Faculty Appreciation Award
- Chi Omega Faculty Application Award
- President’s Post Doctoral Fellow, the University of California
- State of Arizona Teaching Award
- Wakonse Teaching Fellow
- Several University of Arizona Teaching Awards including:
- U of A Alumni Association Apple Polisher’s Teaching Award
- Professor of the Year, The Eller College of Management
- Teacher of the Year, The Eller College of Management
- Advisor of the Year, Mortar Board Honorary Society
- Faculty Initiate: Beta Gamma Sigma Business National Honor Society